Saturday, November 12, 2011

How to install a DiMarzio humbucker into a Jaguar Special HH?

Hi. I need profession guitar tech help. I have a Fender Jaguar Special HH with the original switching, and I want to install a DiMarzio Super Distortion (4-conductor) in the bridge. I want to keep the original switching, so I need a color-coded wiring diagram to show how. Or is there a better way? Please help me out|||The schematics for all Fenders guitars and their proper wiring can be found on their website. If I remember correctly, last I used it, it was black and white. You can keep the original switching by wiring in the new pickup the same as the old one was. Just keep in mind that both Fender and DiMarzio use different color codes on their pickups. DiMarzio's come with a little pamphlet that tells you the color codes and a few options for setting up the pickups in coil taps, reverse phase, etc. If you don't have that pamphlet, you can go on their website to decode the colors if you don't have a multimeter.


Installing a different brand of pickups requires a bit of understanding of which wire goes to where. Also, I hope you got a standard size pickup rather than an F spaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment